Monday, March 15, 2010

Dictionary flowers





i watched Donna Salazar's video on her dictionary flowers and LOVED them. My first try went in the trash. The red flower is my 2nd try. I put a button in the center with pearl ex powder. The second flower has gold Glimmer Mist and Stickles and a button. I love making these flowers, they are so much fun. All you need is scalloped circles to make them. I picked up dictionaries at my local Goodwill for $1. I literally just randomly cut up the pages to make scallops. You also need to cut tissue paper in scallops. Rotate tissue paper with the dictionary scallops for a total of 3 to 4 layers. I would not recommend using your Cricut to cut out tissue paper because it will just stick to you mat.

I can cut you a nice supply of scollops, large and small to make 5 flower for $5 plus a $1 for shipping. I have blue, pink and white tissue paper.

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea, thanks for sharing it! I'm going to see if I can cut scallops/tissue paper with my cuttlebug/nesties. What did you cut yours with, please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete